April 7, 2021
Create Your Own Microstation Pull-down Menu
And get a certificate for a half day off.
Clearwater, Florida, USA — The default installation of MicroStation has nine pull-down menus containing way over 100 menu items. That’s not counting a couple dozen submenus on these same menus that contain another 100-plus menu items. Clearly MicroStation has no shortage of available options. And every one of them is necessary in order to accommodate the many and varying ways that companies use MicroStation.
How to create your own MicroStation pull-down menu
- Load MicroStation and open any design file.
- Go to Workspace|Customize.
- From “Customize” dialog box, select the “Menu Bar” tab.
- The right-hand window lists all of the current MicroStation pull-down windows. You need to highlight the window that you want your new pull-down window to be placed next to. Your menu will be added directly above the menu that you have highlighted. For example if you want your menu to be between the “File” and “Edit” menus, then highlight the “Edit” menu. Press the <Insert> button to load the “Insert Menu” dialog box.
- From the “Insert Menu” dialog box, enter your menu name of choice in the “Label:” field and press <OK> to return to the “Customize” dialog box.
The “Customize” dialog box is where you add menu items to your custom pull-down menu.
- You’ll now see the menu that you named and inserted and that menu is ready to be populated with the features of your choice. Double-click on it and you will see an “Empty Menu Item” waiting to be modified. Highlight the “Empty Menu Item” and press the <Modify…> button.
- In the “Label:” field, enter what best describes the first option you will be adding to your custom pull-down menu. You have the option to add a standard MicroStation key-in to run. You can create a SubMenu to branch off of your custom menu. You can even load a MicroStation tool box. Make your selection and press <OK> to return to the “Customize” dialog box. You can create custom menu items based on your most common key-in commands.
- Repeat Steps 6 and 7 to add more menu items.
- Press <Save> on the “Customize” dialog box to have your customized menu added to the available MicroStation pull-down menus. Save time and mouse-clicks with your own customized pull-down menu.
Now admire your creation and consider that you can mold it into whatever you want.