In this tip, you will learn how to change the view control settings associated with your mouse's wheel. This tip assumes two things: 1) you are using MicroStation V8 and 2) your mouse has a wheel.
First, go to Workspace | Preferences and click on "Mouse" from the category selections.
Under the "Set Mouse Preferences" section of the dialog box, you can specify which view functions you want associated with your mouse's wheel by selecting an option from the drop-down menu.
You can also specify the view behavior when you hold down <Ctrl> or <Shift> and roll the mouse wheel. The behavior can be set to the following:
- Zoom In/Out: Move view closer in or farther out from where the cursor is located.
- Pan Left/Right: Move view to the left or to the right.
- Pan Up/Down: Move view up or down.
- Pan Radial: Move view at an angle - set in the "Radial Pan Angle" field - in relation to the location of the cursor.
- Pan with Zoom: Move view to where cursor is and zoom in or out on that area.
Once you have defined the behavior of the mouse wheel, you can then specify the pan, zoom and radial angle values.